Gagen MacDonald is a strategy execution firm that helps companies turn strategy into results. Working collaboratively from the corporate office to the front line, we leverage an organization’s brand, culture, vision and history to motivate and align employees behind accomplishing business objectives. We focus our experiences and passions to make our client’s cause our cause and drive for results.
We are looking for a passionate Digital Strategist who stays on top of the ever-changing world of technology. This individual will lead the firm’s thinking and point of view surrounding digital communications and will focus primarily on recommending, developing, implementing and measuring digital strategies and tactics for our clients.
Having a solid understanding of the full digital media landscape and how to effectively and efficiently engage our clients’ employees through digital technologies is essential to this position. The successful candidate must be able to identify key digital channels, understand target audience behaviors and be able to translate traditional internal communications programs to digital. Ability to think strategically and be goal oriented is critical to success.
The Digital Strategist will also work closely with our marketing team to create a digital strategy and integrate it into the firm’s overall marketing strategy and plan. This high-profile position involves attending and speaking at industry conferences to develop brand awareness for our digital communications expertise. Additionally, this role will provide strategic counsel to our new business activities by providing creative and innovative ideas to client presentations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Consulting: 80%
- Perform detailed evaluations of our clients’ business goals, priorities and their internal audiences in order to recommend the appropriate overall digital strategy and objectives.
- Recommend how our clients can best reach and engage their employees within the digital space. Conceptualize, develop and execute activities with measurable goals. Provide regular quantitative and qualitative updates.
- Work closely with Gagen MacDonald team members to lead strategic thinking and project management.
- Identify emerging trends within the digital landscape that can provide benefits to our clients’ internal communications.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients on various digital topics of interest including: blogs, websites, online community building, social media techniques, mobile applications and webinars.
- Ensure alignment of our clients’ internal online and offline communications.
- Work closely with other consultants and our creative team to provide a superior client experience.
- Identify and pursue opportunities with our clients where we can provide digital counsel and expertise.
- Understand, recommend and implement various innovative technologies that can increase communication with our clients’ hard to reach mobile workforce.
- Provide our clients with strategic counsel in the area of social media. Lead the development of social media policies and procedures that increase employee engagement and promote and maintain reputation. Administer training to engage employees and increase understanding and buy-in.
- Research and keep current on emerging online trends, best practices and technology specific to social media and counsel and recommend to clients as appropriate.
- Have in-depth knowledge of digital media measurements and processes and be able to apply this knowledge to our clients’ programs.
Internal Focus: 20%
- Become the leader and driver of digital media tools within Gagen MacDonald. Develop and promote a company-wide perspective on the use of emerging and digital media.
- Create the digital strategy and social media policy and program for our firm that will help us join the marketplace conversation, increase awareness for our brand, and promote and maintain our reputation.
- Become our resident expert in digital media for our employees. Be able to clearly articulate the value of digital communications. Be willing and able to speak publicly about digital trends, tools and technologies at conferences and events. Conduct digital training for clients and employees.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute a digital strategy with measurable brand and lead generation goals for Gagen MacDonald. Provide regular quantitative and qualitative updates.
- Collaborate with Gagen MacDonald’s marketing team to integrate digital media into our marketing strategy, programs and new business activities.
- 10 + years digital or traditional marketing experience with at least 2 years leading a comprehensive digital strategy
- Proven experience in building successful digital media programs for companies or clients
- Strong understanding and proven experience working with intranet platforms and companies’ internal IT capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with HR and IT teams
- Strong understanding of the corporate communications environment
- Ability to develop new business and lead client relationships
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the digital space
- Experience and knowledge of digital media monitoring and analysis tools
- Experienced public speaker with dynamic presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, management and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment
For more information contact:
Share this story.
In other news...