After transitioning from a $12 billion conglomerate to a $2 billion global engineering and manufacturing company, ITT needed to look at its people and HR processes in an entirely new way.
In order to attract, retain and develop top talent in the future, ITT set out to articulate its new People Strategy. This required the launch of a global, multi-year HR transformation that supported the company’s business strategy for growth and strengthened its performance culture.
- Developed a change management and communication approach to ensure integration at the PMO level and among the various workstreams.
- Co-created overarching HR transformation roadmap as well as individual workstream plans to identify interdependencies and common change impacts.
- Created core message set and supporting collateral to articulate the People Strategy and HR transformation for all employees and especially the HR community.
- Ensured HR functional leadership alignment through regular conference calls and in-person sessions.
- Led cross-workstream calibration meetings and participated in regular PMO activity.
- Launched a customized change management strategy for Business Readiness Teams to help advise, implement and support the execution of transformation within the business units.
- Established momentum through regular and targeted interventions for the HR community with monthly global WebEx teleconferences, centralized SharePoint site and FAQs.
- Leveraged existing communications channels to reach a broader employee audience – quarterly CEO letters, town halls, leadership delegate calls and monthly newsletter.
- Built awareness among key internal stakeholders.
- Supported the business in global HR transformation effort, including:
- Transition of roles to new HR organization.
- Implementation of new HR, benefits and payroll system in North America.
- Reclassification of all ITT jobs in North America.
- Development of all functional career frameworks.
- Standardization of ITT policies and procedures.