In this episode of Let Go & Lead, Jeff shares how he’s prioritizing deep personal development for his senior team, expecting transparent and candid dialogue and holding them accountable for rolling up their sleeves and doing the big, strategic work together.
Episode discussion guide – Transformational Leadership
Continue the conversation with others, or take the time for personal reflection, using the below episode discussion guide.
- Think of a time when you assumed a new leadership position. What tactics did you employ to connect with your team and set expectations? After hearing Jeff’s story, are there new strategies you would consider or try next time?
- As leaders rise within a company, it’s easy to get pulled away from “doing” the work. Reflecting on your own role, if asked, could you demonstrate the expertise and competency required to do your job? Why or why not?
- Jeff shared that he is guided by what he most values – reputation and relationships. What are your top two values? How do these values align with your current organization?
- Think of a time when you had a new boss and were skeptical of him or her. What behaviors did you exhibit? What would you do if faced with a similar situation today?
- On a typical work day, are you surrounded by colleagues who you consider to be smarter than you? What are the pros and cons of your situation?