Kristy Wallace is a passionate leader who partners with organizations as they work towards creating true cultures of inclusion. As CEO of the Ellevate Network, Kristy fosters communities for women to support each other throughout their careers. Through her work, Kristy has uncovered simple methods that are proven ways to kick start a journey towards a culture where all types of people can succeed.
Episode discussion guide – Elevating All
Continue the conversation with others, or take the time for personal reflection, using the below episode discussion guide.
- Kristy models “listening to understand” as a key behavior that helps leaders create a culture where all can succeed. When listening to others, how do you comprehend and respond to what you hear? How can you improve?
- Reflect on your hiring history. Is there a trend in the types of people you’ve hired (e.g. the “mini-me” syndrome)? What conscious or unconscious factors led to this?
- Who’s not in your network and you’d like them to be? Map out how you can make it happen.
- How can you lift others up who may not have the privilege of the connections that you do? Identify a specific person and how you will directly impact him or her.
- How can your organization work beyond itself to collaborate with others as we work towards achieving gender parity? What role can you play in making this happen?
LG&L Podcast / May 23, 2019
Darcy Winslow, President & Founder, Academy for Systems ChangePrevious Post
LG&L Podcast / Jun 18, 2019