Episode discussion guide – Elevating All
Continue the conversation with others, or take the time for personal reflection, using the below episode discussion guide.
- Kristy models “listening to understand” as a key behavior that helps leaders create a culture where all can succeed. When listening to others, how do you comprehend and respond to what you hear? How can you improve?
- Reflect on your hiring history. Is there a trend in the types of people you’ve hired (e.g. the “mini-me” syndrome)? What conscious or unconscious factors led to this?
- Who’s not in your network and you’d like them to be? Map out how you can make it happen.
- How can you lift others up who may not have the privilege of the connections that you do? Identify a specific person and how you will directly impact him or her.
- How can your organization work beyond itself to collaborate with others as we work towards achieving gender parity? What role can you play in making this happen?