In this episode of Let Go & Lead, Devry shares what makes a successful coalition, the distinction between a coalition and a movement and how she sees the future of leadership.
Episode discussion guide – Building Coalitions
Continue the conversation with others, or take the time for personal reflection, using the below episode discussion guide.
- What do you think it mean to be a courageous leader? Who have you seen exhibit courageous leadership and in what context?
- Devry shares her approach to public speaking: it’s about what an audience needs to hear, not about the speaker. How does this mindset influence how you think about the message of your next presentation, talk or speech?
- Think about a change effort you are leading within your organization. Take a moment to visualize what success looks like for you. What do you see? How does it feel? Remember your vision as you make progress towards your goal.
- What do you think the leader of the future looks like? What attributes will these leaders need to possess and why?
- Maril and Devry discuss the Business Roundtable CEO commitment to purpose in addition to profit. What do you think it looks like for a company to live this declaration?