In this episode, Tom shares his perspective on leading through change, balancing visionary leadership with detail oriented execution, making effective decisions and of course, leading with purpose at Allstate.
Episode discussion guide – The Power of Purpose
Continue the conversation with others, or take the time for personal reflection, using the below episode discussion guide.
- Think about your personal purpose. What motivates you? Where can you add value? What can you uniquely share that serves the needs of your community, family or workplace?
- Tom has found silence to be an effective tool. When “silence” happens in your team, what is your reaction? What do you interpret and learn from this “silence”?
- Think about your leadership brand at work. Is it a true reflection of you or what others want you to be?
- Think about a time when you had to make a big decision. What was your approach? What did you learn?
- Tom shares how he balances visionary leadership with getting into the details. How do you approach balancing these attributes within your team? What would your team say?